Intention for Hajj

Answered according to Hanafi Fiqh by CouncilofUlama.co.za

Q: What should a person do who wants to make nieyaat (intention) for hadj and how should it be performed? How do you know when your nieyaat has been accepted?

A:If you mean you want to make a niyat to go for haj then make a firm resolution to go. Ask ALLAH TAALA to assist you and then start saving towards fulfilling this great ritual. Once you sincerely make intention then ALLAH TAALA accepts that intention.

However if you mean the intention at the time of entering ihraam then the method is to don the ihraam clothes then recite two rakaats sunnatul ihraam. After the two rakaats make the intention of haj like this O’ ALLAH I intend making haj so make it easy for me and accept it from me. After that recite talbiyah thrice.

We hope ALLAH accepts.

This answer was collected from CouncilofUlama.co.za, which is operated under the supervision of Council of Ulama Eastern Cape, South Africa.

Find more answers indexed from: CouncilofUlama.co.za