A:No it cannot be used to construct a Muslim welfare hospital. Interest has to be given to the poor Muslim or non Muslim without the intention of reward. Many ulama say that one can pay ones taxes with interest if the taxes are exhorbitant. Some ulama also mentioned that one could construct public toilets.
- Human friends in Jannah
- The bank account of the masjid has earned some interest. My question is that what is the legal procedure of the said interest?
- Want children-do I leave or stay – I’ve been married 7 years to a woman 10 years my senior. She is unable to conceive on account of her age.
- Mufti Sahab Assalam O Alaikum This query is regarding ULIP Plan for Investment.In ULIP your money is invested one time or periodically (ie monrhly, yearly etc) in some selected group of companies for long term at least 3 to 5 years and your money grows depending upon the share price and profit of the companies selected. Recently Tata & Taurus has launched this plan with companies which are shariah compliant. Apart from this a fix non returnable amount is charged for providing your life insurance coverage. Are such type of ULIP plans lawful as per shariah?
- Can I Set My Own Zakat Due Date?
- U said that Hanafis cant club Maghrib and iSha prayers together if they are in a hurry or on a journey…refer bukhari hadiths Vol. 2 : No. 209
- Reciting ta’awwuz with tasmiyah
Interest Money for Hospital
Q: Can interest money be used to construct a Muslim welfare hospital?
This answer was collected from CouncilofUlama.co.za, which is operated under the supervision of Council of Ulama Eastern Cape, South Africa.
Find more answers indexed from: CouncilofUlama.co.za
Read more answers with similar topics: Interest
- Items for Resale and Zakaat
- Reciting Quraan in English
- Can one deal in forex trading?
- Zakaat to House Owner
- Turning Head in Iqaamah
- Worship In Ramadan For A Menstruating Woman
- Why Fast? Motivation From Revelation
- Why can’t a menstruating woman touch the Qur’an? It bothers me that she’s considered impure. I feel left out when menstruating.
- Who must fast Ramadan? Are there exceptions?
- When do I make the intention for a makeup Ramadan fast?
- Am I obliged to wash away the istihada blood on my clothes before praying?