Home » Hanafi Fiqh » CouncilofUlama.co.za » Refusing to sign Divorce Papers

Refusing to sign Divorce Papers

Answered as per Hanafi Fiqh by CouncilofUlama.co.za

Q: My sister’s husband had left the home for a year. She had found out that he was with another women during this period. In confronting him, he and he’s parents kicked her out of the home and her husband said, ‘I talaaq (divorce) you, I talaaq you, I talaaq you’. This was said in anger. A couple of weeks later, she was served with divorce papers. Going back and forth for about a year with the divorce settlement he then decides that he doesn’t want to sign the papers and wants to reconcile. Was the talaaq valid?

A: Three talaaqs (divorces) have taken place.

This answer was collected from CouncilofUlama.co.za, which is operated under the supervision of Council of Ulama Eastern Cape, South Africa.

Read answers with similar topics: