Oral Sex with Sheath

Answered according to Hanafi Fiqh by Askmufti.co.za

Q: Kindly clarify the following for me regarding relations with my spouse:

I am aware that oral sex is Makrooh. I have recently come across an article (western health website) stating that impurities from private organs could be dangerous and one should avoid these coming into the mouth. The article suggested using a sheath (alternatively dental dam) to cover the private area of a women before doing such acts in order to prevent impurities entering the mouth. If one does take the above precautions – will the act be permissible ?

A: Although in this case the impurities are not entering the mouth, the act itself is discouraged. This has never been the practice of Muslims of the past and has never been sanctioned in Shari’ah.

Among other purposes, the mouth has been created for the Zikr of Allah Ta’aala, recitation of Qur’aan, recital of Durood, etc. It has not been created for the purpose mentioned in the question.

Shari’ah has laid down principles for sexual gratification and use of the mouth on the private area was never part of it. Thus, although impurities are not entering the mouth, one must abstain from the act itself.

May Allah guide and protect us, Aameen.

Moulana Yusuf Laher
Checked by: Mufti Siraj Desai

This answer was collected from AskMufti.co.za, which is operated under the supervision of Mufti Siraj Desai of Darul-Uloom Abubakr, South Africa.

Find more answers indexed from: Askmufti.co.za