was shuayb AS known as on eof the best of the Ambiyaa and is it true there there 5 among the best ambiyaa. Was shuayb AS related and from the family of Ibrahim AS? What does the story in Quran say about Shuayb AS
In the Name of Allah, the Most Gracious, the Most Merciful.
As-salāmu ‘alaykum wa-rahmatullāhi wa-barakātuh.
- We equally respect every prophet of Allah and also believe that the prophet Shuaib, alayhi assalaam, was amongst the great prophets of Allah.
- Hereunder is a brief summary of the story of the Prophet Shuaib, alayhi assalaam:
- Shuaib alayhi assalaam was sent to the people of Madyan.
- The people of Madyan were Arabs who lived in the country of Ma’an, part of which today is greater Syria.
- The people of Madyan were a greedy people who did not believe that Allah existed and who led wicked lives. They gave short measure, praised their goods beyond their worth, and hid their defects. They lied to their customers, thereby cheating them.
- Allah sent His Prophet Shu’aib, ‘alayhi assalaam, armed with many miracles. Shu’aib, ‘alayhi assalaam, preached to them, begging them to be mindful of Allah’s favors and warning them of the consequences of their evil ways, but they only mocked him.
- They seized the belongings of Shu’aib, ‘alayhi assalaam, and his followers, then drove them out of the city.
- The Messenger turned to his Lord for help, and his plea was answered. Allah sent down on them scorching heat, and they suffered terribly. On seeing a cloud gathering in the sky, they thought it would bring cool, refreshing rain, and rushed outside in the hope of enjoying the rainfall. Instead, the cloud burst, hurling thunderbolts and fire. They heard a thunderous sound from above, which caused the earth under their feet to tremble. The evil-doers perished in this state of horror.
- Shuaib, alayhi assalaam, was not related to Ibrahim, alayhi assalaam by blood.
- He was the father in law of the Prophet Musa, alayhi assalaam.
And Allah Ta’āla Knows Best
Muhammad Haris Siddiqui
Student Darul Iftaa
Checked and Approved by,
Mufti Ebrahim Desai.
 Surah A’raaf, ayat 85
 Surah A’raaf, ayat, 85
 Surah A’raaf, ayat 85,88,90
 Surah A’raaf ayat, 91
 تفسير ابن كثير 6/13 – دار ابن الجوزي