He got angry and then said he gives me Talaaq three times. where do i stand? Has he got right to rape me?

Answered according to Hanafi Fiqh by

Hi, I got married last year when I went to Pakistan. While I was in Pakistan me and my husband had an argument. He got angry and then said he gives me Talaaq three times. At that Time I didn?t take any notice. When I got back to England we were talking on the phone, and once he got angry and again said he gives me talaaq three times. Where do I stand? Last week he came to England. During night I said I don’t want to have sex until I find out where I stand. But then he forced on to me and raped me. He really has hurt me. I don’t know what to do. I don’t want to spend the rest of my life with him. Am I in the wrong. Has he got right to rape me?


When you were in Pakistan and your husband issued you three divorces, you were divorced then by Talaaq-e-Mughalladha (permanently irrevocable divorce). You are no more his wife.

You have reacted correctly by refusing him intimacy. We advise you seek legal assistance to protect yourself from your ex-husband and his abuse to you.

and Allah Ta’ala Knows Best

Mufti Ebrahim Desai

Original Source Link

This answer was collected from, which is operated under the supervision of Mufti Ebrahim Desai from South Africa.

Find more answers indexed from:
Read more answers with similar topics: