Home » Hanafi Fiqh » Askimam.org » Can I take Quran while travelling with me..can I keep quran in bag with the bag 1)on my back 2)inside pocket of trousers

Can I take Quran while travelling with me..can I keep quran in bag with the bag 1)on my back 2)inside pocket of trousers

Answered as per Hanafi Fiqh by Askimam.org

(Q 1) My question is ,can I take Quran while travelling with me.can I keep quran in bag with the bag in following positions. 1)on my back 2)inside pocket of trousers 3)inside pocket of kurta(‘kurta’ worn by indian people) 4)hanging on my right shoulder. (Q 2)while praying in sleeping position on bed,what should be position of body?

Answer

1. The Qur’aan is the book of Allah and requires utmost respect. The best way to hold the Qur’aan is against one’s chest. If due to travelling, etc. it becomes difficult to hold the Qur’aan against the chest but in the bag, then one will be excused. Do not keep the Qur’aan in your trouser pockets or in the side pockets. The Qur’aan may be kept in the Kurta top pocket.

2. When sleeping, one should try to face the Qibla. The feet should not be facing the Qiblah.