1. I did my first Umra last year. When do I have to do Hajj by? (Is there a time limit?)

1. I did my first Umra last year. When do I have to do Hajj by? (Is there a time limit?) 2. For finding North East direction for Qibla, can I use an ordinary compass or do I have to use a Qibla compass? (Since ordinary compass points to Magnetic North and there is a small difference between Magnetic North and Geographic North)

Answer

1. The performance of the Umrah has no bearing on the Hajj. Your Hajj has to be performed if you have sufficient funds for related expenditure at the time of Hajj.

2. When calculating the Qibla direction, you are allowed a leeway of 45 degrees either way. So, a general direction of the Qibla is sufficient.

Mufti Muhammad Kadwa
FATWA DEPT.

CHECKED AND APPROVED: Mufti Ebrahim Desai