Home » Hanafi Fiqh » Askimam.org » I’d like to know if this hadith is genuine. “That in every science or industry, the most skillful, most proficient persons should be referred to as they are closer to pertinence…

I’d like to know if this hadith is genuine. “That in every science or industry, the most skillful, most proficient persons should be referred to as they are closer to pertinence…

Answered as per Hanafi Fiqh by Askimam.org

The hadith is as follows: “That in every science or industry, the most skillful, most proficient persons should be referred to as they are closer to pertinence. Thus the seeker of recourse to the persons who are well-versed and who are more well advised than others. Moreover, the one to whom the Qibla is concealed from him imitates the more expert. This is the way Allah created His servants. The traveller by land or sea who had recourse by the most skilfull doctor will benefit from calm and quietude. This is approved by the law, the instinct, and the reason.” I’d appreciate authentication of this hadith, insha-ALlah as i plan to use it (if genuine) in a publication.

Answer

We were unable to trace the source of the above quotation.

We hope for Allah that He guides us to it in the future, Insha Allah.

(Radhiallaahu Anhu)and Allah Ta’ala Knows Best

Moulana Muhammad ibn Moulana Haroon Abassommar
FACULTY OF SPECIALTY IN HADITH

CHECKED AND APPROVED: Mufti Ebrahim Desai