IslamQA.org Logo

Is it permissible for a person to borrow or take out a loan through a bank and use the money to go for Hajj or Umrah?

Answered according to Hanafi Fiqh by Askimam.org

Is it permissible for a person to borrow or take out a loan through a bank and use the money to go for Hajj or Umrah? Also, if the person has 80% of the money for Hajj or Umrah, can the person make a loan through a bank for the remaining 20% of the money so that the person can perform the Hajj and Umrah?

Answer

It is not permissible for a person to take out a loan and go for Hajj.
Firstly, he would have to go to a bank and would therefore pay interest on
that amount, be it how small.

Secondly, if the person is able to pay towards the loan he may delay this
trip save the money and proceed for the Hajj. In this way, not owing anyone
any money.

and Allah Ta’ala Knows Best

Mufti Ebrahim Desai

Original Source Link

This answer was collected from Askimam.org, which is operated under the supervision of Mufti Ebrahim Desai from South Africa.

Find more answers indexed from: Askimam.org
Read more answers with similar topics: