If the marriage is dissolved?

Answered according to Hanafi Fiqh by

Once I asked a question about Khula. The question number was 2618, dated 2001-04-07. Thank you for the detailed answer about that. I want to ask a further question in this regard. Now that person (who performed second marriage) wants to come back to first wife (who asked for Khula). The person wants to keep both wives. I want to ask, after all this, can first wife still live with that person as husband and wife or not? Please advise.


If Khula had already taken place, the couple are separated. However, should
they wish to reunite, then they may perform a new Nikah, with mutual

This will be permissible even though the husband may have taken another

and Allah Ta’ala Knows Best

Moulana Imraan Vawda

CHECKED AND APPROVED: Mufti Muhammad Kadwa

Original Source Link

This answer was collected from, which is operated under the supervision of Mufti Ebrahim Desai from South Africa.

Find more answers indexed from:
Read more answers with similar topics:
Subscribe to IslamQA Weekly Newsletter

Subscribe to IslamQA Weekly Newsletter

You will receive 5 Q&A in your inbox every week

We have sent a confirmation to you. Please check the and confirm your subscription. Thank you!