Praying in Ahmedi Mosque

Salam,

Is it permissible to pray my individual salat in ahmadiyah masjid?
Details: There is an ahmadiyah masjid next to my office. There is no other possibility to perform prayer in the region. So can i go and offer prayer on this piece of land? Offcourse i will not pray behind them but my own salat.

Thanks,
Person from Germany 

Answer

In the Name of Allah, the Most Gracious, the Most Merciful.

As-salāmu ‘alaykum wa-rahmatullāhi wa-barakātuh

As Muslims, we hold firm to our beliefs and religious values. We guard ourselves from any activities that compromises our beliefs and religious values.

It is impermissible for one to perform Salaah with Jama’ah (congregation) behind an Imam belonging to the Ahmedi sect since they are classified as non-Muslims. With regards to your specific query, one should abstain from attending their places of worship and gatherings since they are non-believers. 

And Allah Ta’āla Knows Best

Ismail Desai,

Darul Iftaa