The transaction in reference in not permissible due to the interest charges on the credit card

اسلام علیکم 

My friend want to purchase a mobile from amazon, but he want to make the payment through credit card to get the emi facility,  lf he pays throgh credit card than he has to pay the amount in installments which will be for 6 months which includes interest + monthly installments amount.Example: if the mobile price is Rupees 6000Than he has to pay monthly rupees 1000 + 300= 1300.00.Hence please confirm me whether this transaction is halal or haram as the bank is involved in this transaction.May Allah al mighty reward you for this help.Jazakumullaah.

Answer

In the Name of Allah, the Most Gracious, the Most Merciful.

As-salāmu ‘alaykum wa-rahmatullāhi wa-barakātuh

We understand that your friend wishes to purchase a mobile from Amazon via credit card which will incur interest charges.

The transaction in reference in not permissible due to the interest charges on the credit card. However such a transaction will be permissible if your friend purchased the mobile with the credit card without incurring any interest charges.

And Allah Ta’āla Knows Best

Mufti Ismail Desai,

Darul Iftaa

Checked and Approved,

Mufti Ebrahim Desai.