My friend was given two divorse in writing, and her iddat started, they got married 1 year back secretly without their parents knowledge. but now the parents wants ger to get married to a person they like, she had asked an excuse and is completing her idaat. my questions are.
1. She had no physical relation since last 4 months because it did not work well, should she still complete 3 months iddat.
2. SHe got the divorse in writing 2 days prior to her period, can she marry after her 3rd period or still wait for 3 months to complete. because what i read is 3 periods to complete.
3. As parents want her to marry, and they want to purchase things for mariage as they are not aware of first marriage and divorce, can she start shopping for marriage.
4. Husband and wife never leaved together, and she is a working women and her work requires her to wear professional cloths, does she need to follow the idaat rules. she is the sole bread earner in her house
In the name of Allah, Most Gracious, Most Merciful
Assalaamu `alaykum waRahmatullahi Wabarakatoh
1. The iddat of three menstrual cycles will commence only after the divorce has been issued. The four months period in which there was no physical relationship will not be considered as the iddat period.
2. The menses after the two days of divorce will be regarded as the first menses of the three menses of iddat.
3. It is not permissible for her to do shopping suring the iddat period.
4. She may go to work and return home immediately after work and observe the rules of iddat.
And Allah knows best
Mufti Ebrahim Desai
Darul Iftaa, Madrassah In’aamiyyah