This answer was collected from the official ifta website of Darul Uloom Deoband in India.

Salam alaikum, Dear Sir, Hope this email reaches you in the best of your health and spirit. Kindly advice whether we have to pay Zakat on outstanding receivable salary as well, since the market in not good many company have delayed salary to the extent of 2-4 months. Would be obliged if you can please help me in the matter and dua for me as well Wassalam!

Answered by Darulifta-Deoband.com

بسم الله الرحمن الرحيم (Fatwa: 1554/1558/M=1430)   Yes, the salary, which was not received after being due and one hopes to receive the same, will be liable for Zakah. But one will be asked to pay it after receiving the same, however if one paid its Zakah in advance it will be valid. Allah knows… read more »

Can one give his zakah to his maid?

Answered by Darulifta-Deoband.com

We give zakah to our maid every year. Recently, I came to know that she also gives zakah even though she does not possess wealth above the nisab. I think she doesn’t calculate the zakah amount but just gives randomly. Is it permissible to give her zakah? بسم الله الرحمن الرحيم (Fatwa: 899/733/D=11/1437) It is… read more »

Ruling about paying zakah

Answered by Darulifta-Deoband.com

I am doing a job and my monthly salary is 10000/-. I have a saving bank account and in my account I have saved about 35000. I do not have any gold and silver I have only cash in bank. بسم الله الرحمن الرحيم (Fatwa: 1049/1071/N=10/1437) Thirty five thousand rupees which you have in your… read more »

I live in Sweden and here it is a law that if you are working here and paying taxes then you are eligible to take parental benefits if you have a child. Parental benefit means that you are entitled to take leave from work and the government social insurance will pay you 80% of your salary. Both mother and father are allowed to take leave from work and be with the child. Similarly they also give child allowance every month as well to the child parents. In order to avail these benefits we don’t need to pay any money. Everyone is eligible if he/she meets following conditions: (1) Have a personal number in Sweden (meaning legally allowed to live in Sweden for more than a year). (2) Paying taxes in Sweden or permanent residence in Sweden. (3) Register in the Government Social Insurance Agency (this can be done without paying any thing, you just need to register yourself in order to avail social benefits like discounts in medical treatment, sick leave benefit, child allowance and parental benefits). I want to know that what is the Islamic ruling on availing these benefits? As Muslims can we avail them?

Answered by Darulifta-Deoband.com

بسم الله الرحمن الرحيم (Fatwa: 684/684/B=09/1437) When you do not have to pay any amount to avail the said benefits and only it is enough that all the three mentioned conditions are found then in such a case if the government gives everything from its behalf, there is no harm in availing such benefit. Allah… read more »

Taking leave for Hajj

Answered by Darulifta-Deoband.com

I am a govt. officer and I am going for Hajj in-shaAllah for this year. For this I need at least 40 days leave to complete the Hajj rites. I am not having enough paid leave on balance . My question , whether I am allowed as per the Shariah to avail medical leave as… read more »