Sharing the Non-Muslims’ Holidays (Hanbali Fiqh)

Answered according to Hanbali Fiqh by HanbaliDisciples.com
Q: How can I share this season (Christmas) with my non-Muslim friends and neighbors?
A: I’m happy to hear that you want to share with your non-Muslim friends and neighbors. Reaching out to people of other faiths can be a very rewarding and fruitful venture.

You should be aware of a few things before you begin.

It is impermissible to participate in the holidays of other faiths e.g. Christmas, Yom Kippur, Diwali, etc. It is also impermissible to share holiday greetings or congratulate them on such occasions (Kashshaf al-Qina’a).

These holy days either venerate a doctrine which we believe to be false or are simply not our way of doing things.

Allah says what means, “Cooperate with one another in acts of piety and righteousness and do not cooperate with one another in acts of sin and transgression” (al-Ma’idah: 9).

So, if you want to share with your non-Muslim friends and neighbors in a positive moral manner, I suggest that you share the teachings of your faith with them.

Share the truth about Allah, His angels, His books, His messengers, the Last Day, and the Divine Decree.

Or you can just let the season pass without much notice. Remember, simply refraining is not rude.

Allah knows best.

This answer was collected from HanbaliDisciples.com. The questions have been answered by Imam John Starling.

Find more answers indexed from: HanbaliDisciples.com