Can I wear a watch with gold parts? (Hanbali Fiqh)

Answered according to Hanbali Fiqh by HanbaliDisciples.com
Q: Asalamualaykum Sh.John. I wanted to know the ruling on wearing a steel watch which contains gold parts. Such as the movement or dials. The gold may not be 24k, rather 18k etc. Jazak’Allah Khayra.
A: wa alaykum salaam. It would appear that there are 2 main conclusions, within the school, regarding wearing jewelry with a few parts made of or plated with an insignificant amount of gold. The official/authorized view is that it is impermissible. The second view is that it is permitted which was the view of Ibn Taymiyyah, Ibn al-Qayyim, and several others. I would personally avoid it especially because there is no need for it and Allah knows best.

Source: Sharh al-Muntaha, Kashshaf, al-Insaf

This answer was collected from HanbaliDisciples.com. The questions have been answered by Imam John Starling.

Find more answers indexed from: HanbaliDisciples.com