Can I Say ‘Amin’ When Reading the Qur’an Outside Surah Al Fatiha? How To Purify One’s Heart?

Answered according to Hanafi Fiqh by Seekersguidance.org

Answered by Ustadh Tabraze Azam

Question: Assalamualaikum,

(1) Is saying Amin when reciting Qur’an outside Surah Al-Fatiha permissible?

(2) How do you know if you are doing things for Allah and not to show off? Sometimes I find myself not doing a good deed when there are people around me because I am scared that I’m not doing it for Allah.

(3) How can we have a clean heart? How do you know when you have a corrupt heart?

Answer: Wa alaikum assalam wa rahmatullahi wa barakatuh,

I pray that you are in the best of health and faith, insha’Allah.

(1) Yes, it is from the sunna to supplicate for the virtues and blessings mentioned in the Qur’an.

(2) Not doing things for the sake of people, too, can be considered a form of showing off. In general, voluntary acts should be done in private and obligatory acts in public. However, ask Allah for a high intention, facilitation and acceptance.

(3) I’d advise taking the classes on Spirituality at SeekersHub. Please see: Spirituality Deparment

And Allah alone gives success.

wassalam,

Tabraze Azam

Checked and Approved by Shaykh Faraz Rabbani

This answer was collected from Seekersguidance.org. It’s an online learning platform overseen by Sheikh Faraz Rabbani. All courses are free. They also have in-person classes in Canada.

Find more answers indexed from: Seekersguidance.org