Prayer in English

Answered according to Hanafi Fiqh by Qibla.com

Answered by Shaykh Faraz Rabbani

I know people that insist it is ok to pray salah in English, and say praying in English is better then not praying at all. how does one respond to this?

Answer:
In the Name of Allah, Most Gracious, Most Merciful

Wa alaikum assalam wa rahmatullah,

The simplest explanation is that the Prophet (peace and blessings be upon him) commanded us to, “Pray as you see me pray,” and he prayed in Arabic–and this is what the community of believers has followed for over 1400 years without disagreement. The Prophet (peace and blessings be upon him) also said, “My community will not agree on error.”

And Allah alone gives success.

Faraz Rabbani

This answer was indexed from Qibla.com, which used to have a repository of Islamic Q&A answered by various scholars. The website is no longer in existence. It has now been transformed into a learning portal with paid Islamic course offering under the brand of Kiflayn.

Find more answers indexed from: Qibla.com