Home » Hanafi Fiqh » Muftionline.co.za » Husband addicted to drugs

Husband addicted to drugs

Answered as per Hanafi Fiqh by Muftionline.co.za

Q: If a woman finds out on the night off nikkah before consummation of marriage that her husband is on drugs and alcohol can she get a talaaq?


A: She can definitely request a divorce.

And Allah Ta’ala (الله تعالى) knows best.


Answered by:

Mufti Ebrahim Salejee (Isipingo Beach)

This answer was collected from MuftiOnline.co.za, where the questions have been answered by Mufti Zakaria Makada (Hafizahullah), who is currently a senior lecturer in the science of Hadith and Fiqh at Madrasah Ta’leemuddeen, Isipingo Beach, South Africa.

Read answers with similar topics: