Home » Hanafi Fiqh » Muftionline.co.za » Rectifying Shortcomings in Huququl Ibaad After Death of Concerned Person

Rectifying Shortcomings in Huququl Ibaad After Death of Concerned Person

Q: How does one rectify one’s shortcomings in Huququl Ibaad particularly when the concerned person has died. For example one had been disobedient or has hurt the feelings of his parents and the parents have died?


A: Constantly make dua to Allah Ta’ala on their behalf and ask Allah Ta’ala to forgive them. Similarly convey the reward of good actions to them (sadaqah, recitation of the Qur’an, etc.). Fulfil their halaal bequests and maintain good relations with all those who were associated with them (whether family or friends, etc). In this way one will be recorded as an obedient son towards his parents in the sight of Allah Ta’ala.

And Allah Ta’ala (الله تعالى) knows best.

عن أسيد بن على بن عبيد مولى بنى ساعدة عن أبيه عن أبى أسيد مالك بن ربيعة الساعدى قال بينا نحن عند رسول الله -صلى الله عليه وسلم- إذا جاءه رجل من بنى سلمة فقال يا رسول الله هل بقى من بر أبوى شىء أبرهما به بعد موتهما قال « نعم الصلاة عليهما والاستغفار لهما وإنفاذ عهدهما من بعدهما وصلة الرحم التى لا توصل إلا بهما وإكرام صديقهما  (أبو داود #5144)

Answered by:

Mufti Zakaria Makada

Checked & Approved:

Mufti Ebrahim Salejee (Isipingo Beach)

This answer was collected from MuftiOnline.co.za, where the questions have been answered by Mufti Zakaria Makada (Hafizahullah), who is currently a senior lecturer in the science of Hadith and Fiqh at Madrasah Ta’leemuddeen, Isipingo Beach, South Africa.

Read answers with similar topics: