1. If I missed the prayer with jamat, can I pray with my family members (wife, sons, daughter) at home?
2. Can I miss the congregation prayer at the masjid and pray in congregation at home because the imam of the masjid makes masah on normal socks?
3. If I am sure that I will miss the jamat, is it compulsory to go to the masjid and pray alone or second jamat?
4. I hear the azan and iqamat and complete namaz but I am very tired to go and pray in the masjid, can I pray at home later with my family?
5. For Asar prayer, instead of praying with jamat in a Hambali maslak time, can I delay the prayer and pray (alone or with my family) at home after the Hanafi maslak time begins. (I listen to the complete azan and iqamat and jamat from the masjid’s speakers).
2. Yes. Preferably look for a nearby musjid and perform namaaz there.
3. Go to the musjid and do the namaaz alone.
4. This tiredness is not an excuse to leave out jamaat.
5. To perform the namaaz with jamaat is a very much emphasised sunnat. If the namaaz is taking place in the Hambali time then too join the jamaat.
And Allah Ta’ala (الله تعالى) knows best.
Mufti Ebrahim Salejee (Isipingo Beach)