Not obeying one’s parents in matters that go against Shariah

Answered according to Hanafi Fiqh by

Q: I have alhamdulillah started doing shar’ee purda by covering my face, hands, feet etc. I have stopped talking to all ghair mahrams e.g, my classmates. But unfortunately my parents are not happy with this. They compel and force me to come infront of ghair mahrams like our servants and khalu, etc. I dont want to do this even at the cost of my life.

1.What should I do?

2.Is this be pardagi permissible in anyway?


A: You do not have to obey your parents in these matters that go against the shariah.

And Allah Ta’ala (الله تعالى) knows best.


Answered by:

Mufti Ebrahim Salejee (Isipingo Beach)

This answer was collected from, where the questions have been answered by Mufti Zakaria Makada (Hafizahullah), who is currently a senior lecturer in the science of Hadith and Fiqh at Madrasah Ta’leemuddeen, Isipingo Beach, South Africa.

Find more answers indexed from:
Read more answers with similar topics:
Related QA

Pin It on Pinterest