Q: I have accepted Islam by saying the shahadah only. I want to practice Islam completely but I am not able to get in it because my family is against Islam very strictly. If I tell them about it, they will not think twice about killing me. I am not scared of dying, my fear is about this that I have not been able to perform salah and I am unable to do such things which are farz for a Muslim. If I died like this, then Allah will punish me alot, this is the reason, I fear death. I tried to explain to my household that they should abandon idol worship, but they became very angry and I did not tell them further about Islam. I am trying to change them for the last 1 year but nothing has happened till now and I have to go to the temples even though I don’t want to go with them to do some Hindu rituals. I have some questions for you:
1. Is it justified to leave the house because of this condition for me?
2. I have heard that any person who says “Subhna Allahu wa Bihamdihi” 100 times a day, all his sins will be forgiven?
3. If I die here accidently, before leaving my family, without completely getting in to Islam, will Allah forgive me?
4. According to you, what should I do at this point in my life?
You are welcome if you want to give me more advices regarding to my life.
1. Yes. In fact it is important
2. Insha Allah.
3. If you have accepted Islam and you recognise the halaal as halaal and haraam as haraam, and you try your best to fulfil your obligations, Allah will definitely look at your favourably.
4. Explain what is your status, age etc.. We will advise you accordingly.
And Allah Ta’ala (الله تعالى) knows best.
Mufti Ebrahim Salejee (Isipingo Beach)