Boy’s father not attending the nikaah

Q: I am an Indonesian, married to a Sudanese (living in Madinah, KSA). We married in my parents’ house (un listed in government), while all his family members and his mother knew that we were getting marriedm except his father. His father actually knew but he said himself that officially he din’t know because he doesn’t accept our marriage, because my husband is still studying. The problem now, my parents want us to make it in government soon and everything is just being controlled. While I really wish for his father to bless us for our marriage, what do I have to do?

A: It would have been better that the father also join in the nikaah. But if he is not joining then show respect and consideration to him and continue.