Stopping someone from committing zina

Answered according to Hanafi Fiqh by

Q: Would I be wrong if I anonymously tip off my ex-employer to investigate a suspected relationship between a CEO and collegue at my old place of work? The reason I ask is to try and end a relationship that I suspect my sister in-law is having with a CEO at my previous workplace. He is a married man…his wife is still in SA, while he is working in Namibia. We are Muslim, what does Islam advise regarding suspicion of zina?


A: If they are involved in some indecent activity they must be stopped. Don’t disgrace them and embarrass them.

And Allah Ta’ala (الله تعالى) knows best.


Answered by:

Mufti Ebrahim Salejee (Isipingo Beach)

This answer was collected from, where the questions have been answered by Mufti Zakaria Makada (Hafizahullah), who is currently a senior lecturer in the science of Hadith and Fiqh at Madrasah Ta’leemuddeen, Isipingo Beach, South Africa.

Find more answers indexed from:
Read more answers with similar topics:
Subscribe to IslamQA Weekly Newsletter

Subscribe to IslamQA Weekly Newsletter

You will receive 5 Q&A in your inbox every week

We have sent a confirmation to you. Please check the and confirm your subscription. Thank you!