1. Today I found a lizard in the utensils cupboard and in trying to kill it, it hid inside the cupboard and traveled from one to another. I did not know where it went, so I took out all utensils. Still I did not find it. I washed all utensils of all the cupboards by pouring water once. It took around 3 to 4 hours in doing all the effort. I am not worried that if I place the utensils again and i find it again, do I have to wash all the utensils again? It was really so hectic. Is lizard najis?
2. A cockraoch ran over my leg in the washroom. I poured water over there three times. Had I become paak? I read in an islamic website that a cockraoch in the washroom is napaak. Is it true?
3. Last year a mouse used to come from Indian toilet and roam around the washroom. We somehow managed to get rid of them. But once a shirt piece of my suit fell down over the washroom floor place where it used to come every night. I washed it many times but I don’t feel like wearing it as I feel that the mouse used to come from such a dirty place with traces of dirty water from the flush and my cloth fell down on the floor. Am I doing right by not wearing it?
1. No. Utensils do not be napaak because of the lizard.
2. The cockroach is not napaak.
3. Don’t entertain unnecessary doubts.
And Allah Ta’ala (الله تعالى) knows best.
Mufti Ebrahim Salejee (Isipingo Beach)