Getting money from social services

Answered according to Hanafi Fiqh by

Q: I have been paying taxes for 5 years close to 1200 to 1400 dollars a Month.

I got laid off and now im taking social services until I find a job because I had no savings. I get about 780 a month. I gave them my friends basement address but I live with my parents. My friend even signed the letter. The thing is the amount I get for rent, is that halaal for me or do I have to make my friend make intention of it being a girl?


A: It is permissible.

And Allah Ta’ala (الله تعالى) knows best.


Answered by:

Mufti Ebrahim Salejee (Isipingo Beach)

This answer was collected from, where the questions have been answered by Mufti Zakaria Makada (Hafizahullah), who is currently a senior lecturer in the science of Hadith and Fiqh at Madrasah Ta’leemuddeen, Isipingo Beach, South Africa.

Find more answers indexed from:
Read more answers with similar topics:
Related QA

Pin It on Pinterest