Giving fidyah to poor relatives

Answered according to Hanafi Fiqh by

Q: The fidya of my late mother, can it be given as sadaqa to any of her poor relatives? Or we can’t make a niyya for sadaqa, it has to be given as fidya?


A: Yes, you can give it.

And Allah Ta’ala (الله تعالى) knows best.


Answered by:

Mufti Ebrahim Salejee (Isipingo Beach)

This answer was collected from, where the questions have been answered by Mufti Zakaria Makada (Hafizahullah), who is currently a senior lecturer in the science of Hadith and Fiqh at Madrasah Ta’leemuddeen, Isipingo Beach, South Africa.

Find more answers indexed from:
Read more answers with similar topics:
Related QA

Pin It on Pinterest