1. Is it permissible to gift ibaadah or send Esaale Thawab to the living? E.g.. Durood Sharif and Tilawah of Quran, Nafl Salaah?
2. Can tilawah of Quraan be made for shifa of a sick person? Will the reward of the Quran Tilawah go to them? Or through the Barkat of the Quran Allah Ta’ala will grant them shifa?
3. If one begins a khatam of Quran with niyyat of shifa for a sick person, can they make niyyat for more than 1 person and add all marhooms?
4. Should one inform the sick person that they completed a khatam with niyyat for their shifa?
5. Please explain how Esaale Thawaab and tilawah of Quran for shifa is done.
4. It is permissible.
5. After reciting a portion of the Quraan or giving sadaqah, make dua to Allah Ta’ala to convey the reward to the person.
And Allah Ta’ala (الله تعالى) knows best.
Mufti Zakaria Makada
Checked & Approved:
Mufti Ebrahim Salejee (Isipingo Beach)