Q: I have questions about the Sahaba.
1) Hazrat Abu Bakr has the highest status, followed by Hazrat Umar ibn Khattab. Who has the third position? Hazrat Usmaan or Hazrat Ali?
2)After the Khulafa-e-Rashideen, are the remaining six Ashra Mubashra the highest in status compared to the rest of Sahaba?
3) Some people, Nauzubillah, accuse Hazrat Usman bin Affaan of avoiding battles such as the Battle of Uhud, and accuse him of being a coward. Can you explain this matter please?
1. Hadhrat Uthman (radhiyallahu anhu).
2. There is no conclusive information that we have come across in this regard.
3. When Allah Ta`ala had declared his forgiveness and announced that He is pleased with him then nobody has the right to make this type of misleading comments.
And Allah Ta’ala (الله تعالى) knows best.
Mufti Ebrahim Salejee (Isipingo Beach)