Q: I have three questions:
1. An apa teaching in a madressah, sometimes she doesn’t have a lift so a Moulana picks her up with his small daughter in the car. Is this permissible?
2. From my work to the train station is approximately 1km, the cleaners ask me to drop them off
a) If there are 3 females and only and me is this permissible?
b) If a male staff member accompanies me?
3. In my office there is a like window separating two section, the section is regarded as the buyers office and my office is regarded as the computer room, May Allah make my magfirtat we have 3 males and one female sometimes the other 2 males go out, is it permissible if someone is still in the buyers office or is it necessary for me to leave the office till they return, are the offices regarded as one since there is no door or hindrance to go from the buyers office to the computer room?
1. Caution demands that he does not travel with her in this manner. However, if his wife is present, then he may give her a lift.
2. a/b – a male should be present with him when giving them a lift
3. If the both males are not present then you should not remain in seclusion with the female.
These are all risky situations where shaitaan can easily cause one to slip and get involved in sin. Hence it is incumbent upon one to exercise extreme caution in these situations, especially in these times of fitnah.
And Allah Ta’ala (الله تعالى) knows best.
Mufti Zakaria Makada
Checked & Approved:
Mufti Ebrahim Salejee (Isipingo Beach)