Khula’ – The right of the husband

Answered according to Hanafi Fiqh by

Q: Can I apply for Khula’ if my husband has married again and his attitude and behavior towards me has changed. He beats me in front of her and humiliates me. I have separated from him for two months now.


A: Khula’ is the right of the husband. Without the husband accepting the khula’, the khula’ will not be valid. We suggest that you go to the Jamitaul Ulama of your locality and ask them to assist you.

And Allah Ta’ala (الله تعالى) knows best.


Answered by:

Mufti Zakaria Makada

Checked & Approved:

Mufti Ebrahim Salejee (Isipingo Beach)

This answer was collected from, where the questions have been answered by Mufti Zakaria Makada (Hafizahullah), who is currently a senior lecturer in the science of Hadith and Fiqh at Madrasah Ta’leemuddeen, Isipingo Beach, South Africa.

Find more answers indexed from:
Read more answers with similar topics:
Related QA

Pin It on Pinterest