Home » Hanafi Fiqh » Muftionline.co.za » Women going overseas to study

Women going overseas to study

Answered as per Hanafi Fiqh by Muftionline.co.za

Q: Can a woman go to Pakistan to do Islamic studies? Father wants to go with her and leave her alone and come back.


A: It is better for her to remain at home and do the necessary studies. There are so many people available here; there is absolutely no need for her to travel to Pakistan, live alone and expose herself to problems, difficulties, and nobody can rule out the intense fitnah of this day.

And Allah Ta’ala (الله تعالى) knows best.


Answered by:

Mufti Ebrahim Salejee (Isipingo Beach)

This answer was collected from MuftiOnline.co.za, where the questions have been answered by Mufti Zakaria Makada (Hafizahullah), who is currently a senior lecturer in the science of Hadith and Fiqh at Madrasah Ta’leemuddeen, Isipingo Beach, South Africa.

Read answers with similar topics: