Q: Please can you advise if a person’s Jumuah Salaah is accepted in the following situations and if not, then how should one make up for it:
1. A person arrives late and the first part of the khutbah has finished?
2. A person arrives late and the khutbah has finished, but manages to join in the first rakaah?
3. A person arrives late and misses the khutbah and first rakaah of Jumuah Salaah?
4. A person arrives on time for the khutbah but does not listen attentively to the khutbah.
5. Please can you advise if the second part of the khutbah is one which is read everywhere and does not change or are their different versions?
1 – 3. His Jumuah is valid in all situations.
4. He is deprived of the blessing of Jumuah.
5. They can change. It does not have to be a standard khutbah.
And Allah Ta’ala (الله تعالى) knows best.
Mufti Ebrahim Salejee (Isipingo Beach)