Question on Zakaat, etc

Answered according to Hanafi Fiqh by Mahmoodiyah

Question:

ASSALAMUALAIKUM

I WOULD LIKE TO KNOW THE ANSWER OF THE FOLLOWING QUESTION

1:- SINCE BEGINNING OF THE YEAR I START KEEPING SOME MONEY EVERYDAY FOR ZAKAAT. BUT AFTER SIX MONTH WHEN I COUNT THAT MONEY IT IS MORE THEN THAT WHAT I HAVE TO PAY, WHAT I WOULD LIKE TO KNOW THAT CAN I USE THE BALANCE MONEY?

2:- BAKKAR MARRY A WOMAN AND THAT WOMAN GOT THE DAUGHTER, WHAT BAKKAR WANT TO KNOW THAT CAN HE MARRY HIS WIFE DAUGHTER AFTER HER DEATH?

Answer:

1. If a person hastens in discharging the Zakaat, although it is not compulsory on him to discharge it and the sum that is in excess of the amount which is compulsory upon him, then to utilise the excess money will be permissible.  However, he will be liable to discharge the entire amount of Zakaat due upon him at the end of the Zakaatable year.

1. The daughter of that woman with whom one cohabits becomes unlawful for the cohabiter himself in every situation.  This Hurmat (prohibition) remains forever, that is why he cannot marry the daughter.

And Allah Ta’ala knows best

Nezaam bin Yahya Ali

Attested to as correct by:

Mufti Muhammad Ashraf

Darul Iftaa

Jameah Mahmoodiyah

Springs

22 June 2004

03 Jumaadul Oola 1425

This answer was collected in 2012 from the website of Jameah Mahmoodiyah, South Africa. The original website no longer exists.

Find more answers indexed from: Mahmoodiyah