Eye Infections and Wudhu

Answered according to Hanafi Fiqh by Mahmoodiyah

Question:

Assalamualaikum

Q1-My father is blinded in the right eye at present the right eye is red and water comes out of the eye but there is no pain in the eye will Wudhu break?

2-Some times water comes out continuously is Wudhu valid and how should he read Salaat?

3-If yellowish colour blood comes out of the gums or teeth and the saliva is yellow in colour and not pure red will Wudhu break? please try and provide reference to answers and try and answer as soon as possible because my father is going in Jamaat within a few days time,

Jazakumullah. Also I request you to make Du’aa.

Wassalaam

Answer:

If there is no infection in the eye then Wudhu will not break even though water continuously comes out from the eye.  (Raddul Muhtaar, Vol. 1, Page 109, Ahsanul Fataawaa, Vol. 2, Page 21)

Wudhu will break if yellowish blood comes out of the gum or teeth even though it may not be red in colour. (Aapke Masaail aur Unkaa Hal, Vol. 2, Page 38)

And Allah Ta’ala knows best

Hamza Karim bin Nazeer Hussain

Attested to as correct by:

Mufti Muhammad Ashraf

Darul Iftaa

Jameah Mahmoodiyah

Springs

19 May 2004

28 Rabee’ul Awwal 1425

This answer was collected in 2012 from the website of Jameah Mahmoodiyah, South Africa. The original website no longer exists.

Find more answers indexed from: Mahmoodiyah