Regarding validity of salah

Answered according to Hanafi Fiqh by Fatwaa.com

Assalamu alaikum

During salah in the fourth ayath of surah kafirun  i used to read ‘walaa anaa ‘ instead of walaa ana’ . Recently only i came to know that the alif in ‘ana’ is not pronounced. Would this mistake change the meaning and is my salah valid. Do i need to repeat my salah

Answer

Wa’alaykum as Salam wa rahmatullahi wa barakatuhu,

No, pronouncing the Alif in Ana does not alter the meaning. All your Salah will be valid. Now that you know, in future you should recite correctly.

And Allaah Ta’aala knows best

Wassalaam,

Ismail Moosa (Mufti)

References

( وَإِنْ كَانَ يُغَيِّرُ الْكَلِمَةَ ) وَهَذَا هُوَ الْمَقْصُودُ مِنْ النَّقْلِ ( عَنْ مَوْضِعِهَا يُوجِبُ فَسَادَ الصَّلَاةِ لِأَنَّ ذَلِكَ مَنْهِيٌّ عَنْهُ ) لَعَلَّ الْمُرَادَ فَسَادُ كَمَالِ الصَّلَاةِ أَوْ الْمُرَادُ مِنْ تَغْيِيرِ الْكَلِمَةِ التَّغْيِيرُ الْفَاحِشُ الْمُؤَدِّي إلَى الْفَسَادِ عَلَى مَا ذَكَرُوا وَإِلَّا فَلَا يَخْفَى أَنَّهُ لَيْسَ كُلُّ تَغْيِيرٍ مُفْسِدًا
(بريقة محمودية في شرح طريقة محمدية وشريعة نبوية – 491 / 4)

This answer was collected from Fatwaa.com which is an excellent Q&A site managed by Mufti Ismail Moosa from South Africa. .

Find more answers indexed from: Fatwaa.com