Fantasizing and thinking about my husband in his absence

Answered according to Hanafi Fiqh by Fatwa.ca

Question:

I have done nikah with my husband recently. Unfortunately, we can’t live together at the moment. I want to know if it’s permissible for me to think (fantasizing) about my husband and feel pleasure and satisfaction without touching myself? I know that masturbation is haram, but what if I have the same outcome as I masturbated only by thinking about my husband without touching myself, is this haram as well?

Answer:

Bismillahi Ta’ala

Assalamu alaikum warahmatullahi wabrakatuh,

There is nothing wrong in “fantasizing” about your husband in his absence. If mere thoughts result in sexual satisfaction, it will not be same as masturbation. 

At the same time, do not indulge in it so much that you loose focus of regular life and your deeni activities.

And Allah Ta’ala Knows best,

Wassalamu `alaykum, 

Mufti Faisal al-Mahmudi

This answer was collected from Fatwa.ca, which is a fatwa portal operated by Mufti Faisal al Mahmudi from Canada. 

Find more answers indexed from: Fatwa.ca