Zakaat on Funds kept for children in Unit Trust / Bank.

Answered according to Hanafi Fiqh by


A person has money in the Unit Trust / Bank for her children on her name. Does she have to pay Zakaah on it?


Yes, this person must pay Zakaah on the money which she has in the Unit Trust / Bank when it reaches the Nisaab. Although it may be for her children, she is still considered to be its owner until she delivers it officially to the children.

And Allah knows best.
Mufti Waseem Khan

This answer was collected from, which is operated under the supervision of Mufti Waseem Khan from Darul Uloom Trinidad and Tobago.

Find more answers indexed from:
Read more answers with similar topics:
Subscribe to IslamQA Weekly Newsletter

Subscribe to IslamQA Weekly Newsletter

You will receive 5 Q&A in your inbox every week

We have sent a confirmation to you. Please check the and confirm your subscription. Thank you!