1

Discharge on impure clothes

Answered by: Moulana Muhammad Imad Ali

Question:

I am ma’zur with regular discharge, how often do i need to change my pad/cloth? If I saw my cloth soiled do I need to repeat any prayers? Does wudhu break if any discharge exits the vagina? How will I know if this has happened? Previously I didn’t know that I had to make wudhu for each prayer or that I needed to wear a pad so do I need to repeat all my previous prayers from when I hit puberty as that is when the discharge began? When I didn’t used to wear a pad, the discharge would soil my underwear sometimes only a little, sometimes a lot but not sure if it was up to the amount of a dirham coin (4-5cm in diameter). I also don’t know as to how to observe the amount of discharge e.g. if the cloth is soiled in a straight line how do we check if that equates to the amount of a coin or not because a coin is round the discharge is straight.

Answer

بسم الله الرحمن الرحي

Regarding your questions one changes their pads accordingly depending on their level of ma’zur Because the vagina is a moist organ where discharge comes out for cleansing purposes so due to it being common in a woman the wudhu won’t break. However, if the moist is mixed with Madhi (pre-coital fluid) or coloured with blood then the wudhu will break. Also, if the discharge is coming beyond the vagina (womb) and it’s a sticky substance then that will be considered as impure and wudu will be Wajib. (ImadadulFatawa p: 65 v: 1)

Only Allah knows best.

Written by Moulana Muhammad Imad Ali

Checked and approved by Mufti Mohammed Tosir Miah

Darul Ifta Birmingham

This answer was collected from DarulIftaBirmingham.co.uk, which is run under the supervision of Mufti Mohammed Tosir Miah from the United Kingdom.