Home » Hanafi Fiqh » Darulifta-Deoband.com » Is my salah valid if I offer it in a cinema hall?

Is my salah valid if I offer it in a cinema hall?

Answered as per Hanafi Fiqh by Darulifta-Deoband.com
I know that watching movies is strictly not permissible in Islam and I am trying to stop performing this act. But sometimes, due to influence of Shaitan, I rarely go to Cinema hall with my friends. There, when the time of salah comes, I moved out of cinema hall and offer salah properly and then goes inside again to continue my movie. Does my salah considered as valid at this point on this location?

(Fatwa: 498/519/L=5/1438)

If there is no picture at the place where you offer salah, in front of you or on left or right sides, or above, then your salah shall be valid without any karahat. However, you should try that you leave watching movies. It is very bad practices. May Allah guide all of us! Amen!