Home » Hanafi Fiqh » Askimam.org » Trouble finding suitable spouse

Trouble finding suitable spouse

I am a practicing Muslim mashallah and I am nearing to an age where I would like to think about getting married and finding a suitable life partner. However the usual routes are very difficult for me, I cannot marry within my family due to long standing feuds. Additionally my parents cannot help me either due to various issues which I wish not to share. I also cannot contact the local imams as the majority of them prefer to follow and believe the cultural aspects of Islam rather than what Allah has declared for us, and they do not run a matrimonial service to help Muslims. Consequently in order to find a decent Imaan I would have to travel miles out of my locality which is difficult.   

Finally I do not wish to create an internet profile on so called Muslim dating sites as I do not think it is safe for a young Muslim woman, and I cannot ask people through word of mouth as me and my family’s social circle is small and I work with a majority of khafir. So what can I do in my situation? I would like to adhere to Islam’s guidance as I want to please Allah, however I would also like to meet my potential spouse before agreeing as it is a big decision.

Please answer my question as this is the third time I am asking as you have not answered my question, and it has been 6 months.

Answer

In the Name of Allah, the Most Gracious, the Most Merciful.

As-salāmu ‘alaykum wa-rahmatullāhi wa-barakātuh.

Sister in Islam,

At the outset, we apologise for the inconvenience of not responding to you earlier. We attend to queries based on a quota system. We make dua Allah grant you a suitable marriage partner. Aameen.

Sister, we are living in the world of means. If a person has a rare sickness and doctors and medicines are not easily available, the person will have to search for the specialist doctor and medicine to have herself cured. The excuse of the rarity of the sickness and scarcity of the doctor and medicine may not be acceptable.

We understand your rare situation where your parents, family, friends or imams cannot assist you. However, you state you have a limited social circle. You may consider expanding the social circle with the intention of searching for a suitable spouse. Doing so is adopting means which Allah has made available to you. Once you identify a suitable spouse, you may meet to only see him.

We advise you to be positive, read salaat al-haajah and make dua to Allah. Allah has the power over everything and can provide solutions to every problem for those who fear him. Turn to Allah with patience and dua.

And Allah Ta’āla Knows Best

Muhammad Haris Siddiqui

Student Darul Iftaa
Melbourne, Australia 

Checked and Approved by,
Mufti Ebrahim Desai.

I found the below hadith in a spiritual healing book, the book did not mention any reference of this hadith, to create awareness through emails, blogs, forums, could you please provide me the reference of this hadith and its authenticity?It is reported that Uthman ibn Affan, may Allah be pleased with him, requested further information about allahs injunctions of the keys of the treasures of heavens and the earth (mentioned several times in the quran).The Prophet(s.a.w.s) said to him:”You have inquired of me something which nobody has ever asked me before. the keys of the treasures of the heaven and earth are as follows”:la ilaha illa llahu wa llahu akbar,wa subhan allahi wal hamdu lillahi wastagfiru llah alladhi la ilaha illa hu wal awwalu wal akhiru waz zahiru wal batinu yuhyi wa yumitu wa huwa hayyan la yamutu, bi yadihil khayr wa huwa ala kulli shayin qadir.There is none worthy of worship except Allah. Allah the Almighty is the greatest. Allah is the glorious and praiseworthy and I ask Allah for forgiveness. There is no power to do good and no strength to be saved from evil except with the grace of Allah. He is the first and the last. He is the apparent and the hidden . He is the Everliving Who never dies. He imparts and takes away life. There is blessing with Allah the Almighty. He is the ruler over everything. The Prophet (Sallallahu Alayhi Wasallam) continued:”O Uthman! Whoever recites it one hundered times every day will be rewarded by ten graces.First all his previous sins will be forgiven. Second,his sufferings from hell fire will be written of. Third ,two angeles are appointed to guard him day and night from his sufferings and diseases. Fourth,he is granted a treasure of blessings. Fifth,he will reap as much blessings as someone who would have set free one hundered slaves from the offspring of the prophet ismail(a.s).Sixth, he would be rewarded of blessings asif he had read the entire Quran, the Psalms, the Torah, and the Bible. Seventh, a house will be constructed for him in the heaven. Eight,he will be married to a pious heavenly maiden.Ninth he will be honored with a crown of honor. Tenth, his recommendations( for forgiveness) of seventy of his relatives will be accepted.”