my parents are very disturbed, depressed and passing through a difficult period i asked u any duaa for their happiness and long life and you have mentioned this Rabbanaa aatinaa fid-dunyaa hasanatan wa fil aakhirat hasanatan wa qinaa adhaaban-naar?. Trans: ?Oh our Lord! Grant us the good of this world, and the good of the hereafter and save us from the punishment of the fire.? (but this duaa is for us, can it will have same effect for my parents if i pray this all the time
We also feel pain of your parents from the details of your email. We make Du’aa to Allah Ta’ala to ease the pin and distress from your parents, Aameen.
When one goes through some difficulty and hardship, he/she should:
1. Recite ?Innaa lillaahi wa innaa ilayhi raaji?oon? (Verily, we are for Allah and verily to Allah is our return). This Du’aa reminds us of the ultimate difficulty and end ? death. That is not with one’s present and worldly difficulty. Ponder upon the greatest difficulty. That will decrease the burden of any difficulty.
2. Perform two Rkaats Salaatul Haajat (Salaat of need) and recite the following: Laa ilaaha illaahul haleemul kareem. Subhaanallahu rabbil arshil-adheem. Nas-aluka muwjibaat rahmatika wa ?azaaima maghfiratuka, was-salaamatu min kulli ithm laa tada?a lanaa dhanban illaa ghafartahu, walaa hamman illaa farrajtahu, walaa daynan illaa qadhaytahu, walaa haajatan hiya laka ridhan illaa qadhaytahu, yaa arhamar-raahimeen?.
3. Make abundant Istighfaar (seek forgiveness for Allah) as many difficulties are due to one’s sins.
4. Adopt all possible means to address the difficulties. This is Daarul Asbaab (world of means). One should not confine oneself to Du’aa and doing nothing when there are worldly means available to address one’s difficulties.
5. Place one’s trust in Allah and do not rely on the means only. Allah puts effects in the means adopted by people. Also recite, ?Laa hawla walaa quwwata illaa billaah? as much as possible.
6. Also give Sadaqah and charity according to one’s means as that removes difficulties and hardships.
7. Be obedient to Allah. Fulfil all one’s obligations, Salaat, etc. and abstain from sins.
8. Make Du’aa continually and make Sabr. Wait for Allah’s help and assistance.
9. The reward of now making Sabr will be very great and enormous.
10. If Allah removes one’s pain and difficulty, make Shukr. Rasulullah (Sallallaahu Alayhi Wasallam) said, ?The condition of a believer is surprising. If he is afflicted with difficulty, he makes Sabr. If he is bestowed with happiness, he makes Shukr. In both cases, there are great rewards for him.?
and Allah Ta’ala Knows Best
Mufti Ebrahim Desai