My father passed away on 1st October 2005 – want to bring my mother over here for her KHIDMAT and also to give her a feel of change. She is around 63 years

My father passed away on 1st October 2005 (Inna Lillah e wa inna illahey Rajioon) and mother is going through the phase of IDDAT.Two of my brothers (with their families) are with my mother and they take very good care of her mashaAllah.

I live in UAE and want to bring my mother over here for her KHIDMAT and also to give her a feel of change. She is around 63 years. I’m just wondering if she could travel and come over here during the period of IDDAT.

Answer

It is not permissible for your mother to travel in UAE during her iddah. She has to spend iddah at the residential place of your late father.