1. Is it allowed to attend a non-muslims funeral ?
2. If i owe a person money , is it permissible to pay a portion of that persons debt with interest money ?
3. Is it allowed to open a fixed deposits account ? An account that allows one to save money over many years and accumulates with interest ?
1. No, it is not permissible. However, you may sympathise with the bereaved family either before or after the funeral itself without attending the actual service.
2. Interest money should be given away in charity to the poor. Hence, you cannot pay your debts with this money.
3. There is practically no need to open such an account. Out of necessity, current or normal savings accounts are permitted. However, there is no necessity as far as fixed deposit accounts are concerned. Hence, impermissible.
and Allah Ta’ala Knows Best
Mufti Muhammad Kadwa
CHECKED AND APPROVED CORRECT: Mufti Ebrahim Desai