How does one know that during ghusul the water has reached the nasal bone of his nose?

I know that for ghusul to be complete the water should have reached the nasal bone of our nose. i usually try pulling the water up into my nose but almost everytime i end with water in my lungs/throat? So how do i know that the water has reached the nasal bone. 2.For the gusl to be complete one should also rinse his mouth with mouth full water. How many times does one need to rinse his mouth. 3.How many times should the water reach the nasal bone during ghusul? Is one time sufficient or is it 3 times.

Answer

It is obligatory to rinse the mouth and nose only once in Fardh (compulsory) Ghusl.

It is sufficient to put the water in the nostrils with a slight jolt of the palm. The water will most certainly reach the soft passage of the nose. There is no need to inconvenience yourself by pulling the water up.

Mufti Ebrahim Desa