Home » Hanafi Fiqh » Askimam.org » I am very skinny (urgent)

I am very skinny (urgent)

Answered as per Hanafi Fiqh by Askimam.org

Assalamu Alaikum Mufti Saheb I am very skinny and wondering if it is okay for me to eat a lot and take supplement with these ingredients: Ingredients: Maltodextrin, Cross Flow Micro Filtration Cold Processed Ion Exchanged Whey, Fructose, Natural Flavoring. Sometimes I wonder, who cares, I have to die anyway, what is the point, but then i think i am quite weak for combat or self defence, then i think it is Allah who is my protector, sometimes i want to be healthy big and sometimes i dont care because death is no near. My thoughts are always changing, thinking i should do it, and on the other hand, whats the point. My intention is if i eat lots of food, get big, then I will gain confidence, and then i can defend Islam and also deliver speeches to muslims without being shy, and also stop muslims from fighting each other. Twice, people have fought in our mosque, and i can only stop it with my heart, due to my weakness and lack of self confidence. So i need your advice. Is it okay for me to do that, or will the burden be too much on the day of ressurection due to consuming lots of food. May Allah help you for helping me (and everyone else)

Answer

We will Insha Allah, investigate the items mentioned by you.

Rasulullah (Sallallaahu Alayhi Wasallam) has mentioned, ‘A strong Mu’min is
better than a weak one.’ It is thus our duty to be both healthy and strong.
Health is a great bounty of Allah Ta’ala, which very often is only
appreciated when it is taken away. Therefore, adopt whatever lawful means
are necessary for you to be healthy and strong.

Simply ignore all such baseless thoughts that suggests the contrary. Make
the intention of fighting the enemies of Allah Ta’ala, Insha Allah, in that
way all the efforts you make to become strong will be rewarded in the
hereafter as well. Eat as much as is necessary to be strong and healthy. Do
not eat beyond this.

Moulana Imraan Vawda
for: FATWA DEPT.