Is it permissible for me to take money from my mother’s purse or from her account without her permission?

Is it permissible for me to take money from my mother’s purse or from her account without her permission with an honest intension that I will return it,such amount about which she would’nt feel at all that there is any shortance of money 

In obligation ,in difficult time ?

I think if i dead before paying

but then think she is infact my mother 

Answer

In the Name of Allah, the Most Gracious, the Most Merciful.

As-salāmu ‘alaykum wa-rahmatullāhi wa-barakātuh.

It is not permissible for you to take your mothers money from her purse without permission even though you honestly intend to repay her. Taking her money without telling her is not honest enough.

Explain your difficulty to your mother and request her to loan you money. If your mother trusts you, you will benefit from your mothers duas during your difficulties apart from her also assisting you.

And Allah Ta’āla Knows Best

Huzaifah Deedat

Student Darul Iftaa
Lusaka, Zambia

Checked and Approved by,
Mufti Ebrahim Desai.

____________________

صحيح البخاري (8/ 159) 1

عَنْ أَبِي هُرَيْرَةَ، عَنِ النَّبِيِّ صَلَّى اللهُ عَلَيْهِ وَسَلَّمَ، قَالَ: «لَعَنَ اللَّهُ السَّارِقَ، يَسْرِقُ البَيْضَةَ فَتُقْطَعُ يَدُهُ، وَيَسْرِقُ الحَبْلَ فَتُقْطَعُ يَدُهُ» قَالَ الأَعْمَشُ: «كَانُوا يَرَوْنَ أَنَّهُ بَيْضُ الحَدِيدِ، وَالحَبْلُ كَانُوا يَرَوْنَ أَنَّهُ مِنْهَا مَا يَسْوَى دَرَاهِمَ

صحيح البخاري (8/ 164)

عَنْ أَبِي هُرَيْرَةَ، قَالَ: قَالَ النَّبِيُّ صَلَّى اللهُ عَلَيْهِ وَسَلَّمَ: «لاَ يَزْنِي الزَّانِي حِينَ يَزْنِي وَهُوَ مُؤْمِنٌ، وَلاَ يَسْرِقُ حِينَ يَسْرِقُ وَهُوَ مُؤْمِنٌ، وَلاَ يَشْرَبُ حِينَ يَشْرَبُهَا وَهُوَ مُؤْمِنٌ، وَالتَّوْبَةُ مَعْرُوضَةٌ بَعْدُ