Can the Kuffain be worn as a normal sock after making Wudhu?

Can the Kuffain be worn as a normal sock after making Wudhu, meaning that can I wear the Khuffain just to keep my feet warm and not for the purpose of making masalah kuffain.If so then I remove the kuffain an hour or so  after wearing them, is my wudhu sill valid or do I make wudhu again before making sallah

Answer

In the Name of Allah, the Most Gracious, the Most Merciful.

As-salāmu ‘alaykum wa-rahmatullāhi wa-barakātuh

In principle, it is permissible for one to make Masah on the Khuffain as a substitute for making Wudhu on condition one make’s complete Wudhu before wearing the leather socks. Moreover, the Masah will be valid for one day and one night for a non-traveller (Muqeem) and three days and three nights for a traveller (Musafir) from the time one’s wudhu breaks. If you remove your leather socks and your Wudhu did not break in the interim, then merely washing both the feet will suffice. One does not need to repeat one’s Wudhu in such an instance. 

And Allah Ta’āla Knows Best

Ismail Desai,

Darul Iftaa

Checked and Approved,

Mufti Ebrahim Desai.

و ينقض مسح الخف اربعة اشياء: نزع خف و لو بخروج اكثر القدم الي ساق الخف (نور الايضاح، ص 43) 

و اعلم بان خلع الخفين قبل انقضاء الطهارة التي لبس بها الخفين لا يضره و ان تكرر لان الطهارة قائمة (المرجع اليابق)